The Research Services Human Resources Manager (in the Nova Scotia Health People Services Department) helps researchers by simplifying and accelerating the hiring process, assisting with regular performance appraisals, facilitating healthy work environments, and ensuring that any staff termination processes are appropriately completed.
Hiring research staff
The HR Manager can help you hire new research staff by:
- assessing staff requirements for research projects
- posting for new or replacement positions
- selecting the appropriate applicants and providing interview questions and skill testing assignments
- reference checking for potential staff
- interfacing with Nova Scotia Health People Services to complete the administrative hiring process
- arranging for Payroll Services, People Services, approval for IT requirements and space allocation for new employees.
Students in research
Students paid through grants or research funds are hired as Nova Scotia Health employees via the Human Resources Manager. Research Students in Medicine (RIM) are facilitated by the Program Manager—Research Education. Finally, students participating in research as a requirement of their academic program are processed through Interprofessional Student Placement Office.